Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Yesterday was my 24th Wedding Anniversary!  Our family was supposed to be celebrating with a quick weekend visit to Disney World.  (we love Disney World) but given current events, Disney world is closed and we certainly wouldn't have wanted to travel anyway.

Instead, Kevin and I wore our corny matching Disney T-shirts and we were treated to a homemade brunch from our daughter and we picked up take out from Wild Wing and ate at home in our bed while watching a Disney movie (Frozen 2).


We figured there was no point in being upset with what we can't do during this time of world crisis.  Instead, we tried to focus on our blessings. Our being together with our family and being healthy was definitely a reason to celebrate. 

I am embarrassed to admit that I had great intentions of making Kevin a special card when I woke up yesterday but I forgot.  With the Demonstrator Stamp 'n Share event just a few weeks away, I was determined to get most of the kits cut and packed so I was a cutting and big shotting machine yesterday! I only took breaks for the aforementioned brunch and evening dinner/movie. 
My omission was highlighted by the fact that Kevin came down to the craft cave in the morning and presented me with a card and gift. 

The great thing about being married 24 years is that I was easily forgiven.  I made the card today! 
Here it is! 




Kevin knows that I love the French language so clearly this card is from me!! 
I wanted to make something "lovey dovey" but not too feminine looking so I decided to go for the Night of Navy colour and I couldn't resist using a piece of some new catalogue designer series paper called "In Good Taste which is perfect for masculine themed cards. I layered a piece of vellum over the DSP to soften the pattern so that the Amour would pop out a bit more. 

I am super sad about the Parisian bundle retiring.  The stamp set and the dies will be gone June 3rd when the new catalogue goes live! 
Don't hold your breath on my selling this set.  I think I'll be holding on to it for a while so if you need a gorgeous Parisian themed set, head to my online store to get your own!  I die cut the Amour using the also retiring Silver Glimmer Paper.  Yes!! You read that right, silver glimmer paper is retiring. 




Thanks for dropping in!  Don't forget to join my facebook party on Tuesday May 26th where I will be showcasing both last chance and giving a first glance at new Stampin' Up! product. The party will be held in my facebook group so make sure to join the group.


All orders from the party will be getting free stampin' gifts from me!
Yes!  My annual BOGO sale is going online! You don't want to miss!

Thanks for dropping in today and letting me share about my anniversary activities and how I'm keeping busy getting ready for the new catalogue!

Keep calm and stamp on!
Virtual hug!


Product List

Check out my product of the month



Shop online 24-7 or contact me to help you place your order





Come visit me on Facebook!




No comments:

Post a Comment