Monday, January 27, 2020

True Story about Rhinestones!

This is a true story.  Warning!  After reading this story you may be tempted to report me to a mental health agency but keep in mind that I and my family are functioning well so there's really no cause for alarm.

Yesterday was a great day.  The Birthday Cards for Bluefields fundraiser was a big success.  We were able to raise over $700!  Thank you to everyone who registered for the birthday cards and to those who ordered and donated!

Here's some photos from the event!  I was relieved that the weather was in our favour (as opposed to last week's stamp camp which was the day of the snow storm! )

As usual I was walking around helping and chatting so no many photos were taken.

Here's a few photos as I was getting ready for the fundraiser.
Everyone got some liquid glue, a sheet of dimensionals and silver rhinestones.
I thought it was important to include these things because I knew some people coming were there to support the cause and would not have the usual stampin' tool kit of adhesives.

I also wanted to give a small treat to those who came as a way to say thank you for their support. 

My daughter Michelle helped me make the brownies in our cute new heart foil tins and it was so easy for me to decorate them using the Heartfelt Bundle and the Heart foil tins. (I'll add those items to the supply list I paste below so you can easily find them on my online store) 




Hubby helped me set up the room and then we were ready to welcome everyone! 

Everyone went home with 10 birthday cards, 2 of 5 different designs! 


Kevin had a slide show that had photos from past Nic trips so everyone could get an idea of the kind of service work the team does.



I tried to keep the cards sweet and simple since making 10 cards in one afternoon could be a bit daunting...especially to those who don't usually stamp.

Here's one of the cards.  It uses a new and free with $60 order stamp set called Happy Birthday to You!

Do you see how I dressed up the flowers on the cake?  I used the new Champagne Rhinestones. 

Here's a close up


Still, the photo doesn't really do these rhinestones justice. 

They are glittery and gorgeous and just beautiful. 

A couple weeks ago when I opened an order and there were a few packages of the champagne rhinestones on top, I won't lie.  I think my heart beat a little faster. 

I could say that I feel really passionately in love with champagne rhinestones. 

Since I was overcome with such emotion about the rhinestones, I had to share it with someone.  So, I texted a Team S.T.I.C girl.  Zahra.  (I figured Team S.T.I.C girls would understand me) 
I knew she did quite a few events and is active in her business so I knew she must have had contact with the gorgeous beauties. 
I confessed to her over text that I was passionately in love with champagne rhinestones. I prefaced my outpouring of emotion with "I know it sounds silly but..."

She immediately replied affirming my feelings. 
She told me at the last Stampin' Up! event when they unveiled the mini catalogue, she kissed the champagne rhinestones on the display board. 

See!!!! I just knew I was not alone in my feelings about the Champagne rhinestones. 

My Team STIC stampers are like family.  If anyone would understand, I knew it would be someone from Team S.T.I.C. 

The best was that Zahra texted me a photo! 



In case I doubted her, she sent me proof of her love for champagne rhinestones! 
(I didn't doubt her but the photo did justify my feelings even more) 

Come to any of my upcoming events and you'll likely see Champagne rhinestones being used.  You'll also feel pleased and proud of your creations just like the fundraiser attendees yesterday. 
Check out the events on my website: 

If your heart occasionally beats a little faster when you stamp or when you drool over the catalogue, you should join my Team S.T.I.C stampers while the starter kit is on sale! 


The starter kit add on of a free stamp set of your choice, a mini paper trimmer and a paper sampler is only on for a limited time. So don't wait!  Get your starter kit now! 





Thanks for dropping in!



Product List


Check out my product of the month






Shop online 24-7 or contact me to help you place your order


Come visit me on Facebook!




2 comments: