Thursday, August 4, 2016

Christmas in July Fun and a Tip

Last week was my annual Christmas in July card class.  It was so popular I ended up having to split the class into two sessions so that it would run more smoothly.
First let's talk about the snacks.  It's not a secret.  I love to eat but preparing food is not really my forte. Nonetheless, I thought it would still be fun to have special snacks for Christmas in July.

I saw these cuties on pinterest.  Sadly, my creations did not turn out as beautiful and perfect as the pinterest picture but I think it still conveyed the Christmas feel and they were tasty too!

I pulled out my old Sweet Pressed cookie stamps and my daughter whipped up a double batch of snickerdoodle cookes stamped with Christmas images of snowflakes and mittens.
The guacamole dip was renamed "Grinch Dip" for the class.  :-)


I also put out hot chocolate and candy canes to go with the theme.  Myself and my Team S.T.I.C helper Vanessa were the only ones to partake of the hot chocolate.  I guess the steamy 30 degrees outside made people decline the hot chocolate.  Ha ha ha!

Here's one of the cards we made at the class.  It uses the woodland embossing folder.  (A big seller at the class so if you don't have one, you can nab it on my online store

I wanted to add some definition to the embossed image so I sponged the embossed portion with whisper white ink.  
It was so easy and really made the embossed birch tree trunks pop! 


It was that easy!  Whisper white ink and a sponge is all that was needed.
Once I rubbed the sponge in the white ink, I then rubbed the sponge onto the embossed image


Hope you enjoyed today's tip Thursday! 

If you missed my Christmas in July class but want to make some beautiful handmade Christmas cards with your friends, make sure to contact me to book your own private class!  It's a super fun activity to do with your friends and you'll all leave with beautiful handmade creations! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment