Saturday, November 19, 2011

midnight crafting

So, my strategy for preparing for this craft fair is to leave everything to the last minute.  Last year I was crafting way in advance (meaning I started probably a month before).  It made it feel like I was preparing for forever and then last year, there were not very many people that came.  With the unpredictability of volume at a vendor fair, I figured it probably made more sense to not waste time preparing too early because I could better use that time sleeping or preparing for workshops or hanging out with the family.  I conciously accepted and decided that I would prefer staying up all night the day before rather than dragging it out for months ahead of time.


So, here I am at midnight getting all ready.  Really, I'm not as behind as I thought I would be. (which is why I"m taking a break blogging) I've got everything set for the things I"m selling at the table.  What I"m working on now is these little presentations I'm supposed to give during the day.  The organizer asked if I would do a couple of little stage presentations throughout the day.  I said "no problem" because that's the part I feel most comfortable with.  I can demonstrate cute little stamping tricks anytime.  Here's a little gift idea I'm going to show: stamping on a glass ornament. 



Of course you need a cute little box to put the ornament in...




This is the beginning prototype for my gift box class on December 5th.  I'm sure the final design will be even better!  Sign up and make your own handstamped ornament and decorated box. 

Okay, back to work for me!  Hubby taunted that he had finished reading his report cards and was going to bed.  I think I'll be done soon and can get some shut eye myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment