Friday, October 14, 2011

Kids Can Craft!


 I just had a fun time with three girls aged 7, 8, 9.  We made 5 cute projects and the kids were awesome at following directions and completing their crafts.  I love crafting with kids because they don't have the hangups that grownups do.  They don't stress out if they glue something down a little crooked.  They branch out and try something a little different from the sample.  I should've taken more pictures.  Here's a couple of my samples.  I had to use the sweet treat cups, of course.  I filled them with goldfish crackers.  My attempt at a healthy treat.
There's my owl punch disguised as a ghost.  I used Staz On to stamp the web from the wicked cool set onto the sweet treat cup.  The stamp set is Sweet Centres.

This uses the fancy favour die and the Batty for you stamp set.  We glittered it up using the champagne glass glitter. 




Just to give you an idea of how the kids used their creativity and imagination to make their creations, here's a picture of our four different Frankensteins.  Can you guess which one the kids made and which one is mine?  Hint: mine is the most boring looking one. 


The only downside of the class was that my daughter was going to join us.  She was really looking forward to coming to one of my "Stamping Parties" but wouldn't you know she woke up with a raging fever.  It was so sad this afternoon when I told her she couldn't join the class but I promised her I would prepare everything so we could do it together another time.  She was lying on the couch in her pyjamas looking so forlorn and sick and she just nodded while little tears welled up in her eyes.  Talk about breaking her mama's heart!!
Hopefully she will be feeling better tommorrow morning and I''ll send the boys out to go halloween costume shopping and us girls can craft.

The class was such a success, we picked another date with the moms for the next class. 
Kids Can Craft: Holiday gifts  December 9th 6:00.  Check out my website on the events page to RSVP

No comments:

Post a Comment