Friday, July 19, 2019

Out of my Comfort Zone


I know it's crazy!  I'm trying to get back in the groove of reality after an awesome vacation but I'm actually needing to prepare to go away again.
Here's the story.  About five years ago I went with my family and others from my church to serve and help an organization in Thunder Bay that ministers to the First Nations communities.  It was an interesting and meaningful experience.  Since then I have seen the organization continue to persevere and support the First Nations community through crisis counselling, youth programs and such. (Check out their website HERE)  This year for some reason I felt that I wanted to donate some time to go and help.  In discussion with a leader at the organization, they expressed need for the last week of July. 



I took a deep breath and decided to go along with two friends to help in the last week of July at the Family Strengthening programme.  My understanding is that we will be at a campground helping implement activities with the children while parents are undergoing counselling with trained therapists. Everyone will be living at the camp in order to foster a sense of community.

The leader expressed that she encourages volunteers to bring their experience and skills to share with the families.  She told me that they have tried to make scrapbooks in the past so that the kids and families can have a memory of their time and since she knows what I do, she encouraged me to bring supplies and do a memory keeping workshop with the participants.

Would you like to participate in this service project with me? 

I would like to bring Memories & More supplies with me so that each person can make their own memory book.  I have a number of supplies I plan to bring such as stamps, ink, older card packs but I would like to bring the pocket pages and albums and some journal pens. 
Would you be willing to purchase a bundle that I can bring with me to gift Northwind Family Ministires so we can use it when I am there and any extra can be left with the organization to use with future families?

Here's what to do if you would like to participate.

Just fill out this form by Sunday July 21st.  (sorry for the late notice)

You can choose to donate $27 which pays for an album and pocket pages
or you can choose to donate $56 which covers the cost of the album, pocket pages, journal pens and memories & more card pack




Payment options are listed on the form 
I will not be able to give tax receipts but I know the Northwind organization will be grateful for the donation and to thank you, I will mail you three handmade greeting cards. 

Thank you so much for your consideration.  I am nervous about this mission trip but at the same time I am looking forward to what I will learn from the experience. 




Don't miss my Sizzlin' Summer offer





Shop online 24-7 or contact me to help you place your order


Come visit me on facebook!




No comments:

Post a Comment