Monday, August 31, 2020

A Leaders Summit Weekend

Last week I was supposed to be in New Orleans for the Stampin' Up! Leaders event. 

I thought I would be really sad about not going to the event live but in reality I was relieved to be staying at home because COVID is clearly not under control and as well there was a hurricane headed to that area. 

I also prefer to be positive and I was grateful for the additional time with my family and the flexibility of an online event. 

Can I say that I am SOOOOOO grateful to Stampin' Up! for the time and effort and thought put into the virtual event. 
It was great! Demonstrator leaders from around the world attended the event. 




It was made even better because the Team STIC girls with silver elite leadership titles tried to get together for parts of the event as well. 

I was reminded about how much I love what I do.  I get to stamp and share stamping with beautiful people.  I can throw myself into this with passion and know that a company that puts people first is right behind me.  

I'm so happy and grateful! 

We were already pampered with a special gift before the event started.  Check out these champagne flutes sent direct to our door. 




On Thursday afternoon there was a special Top Performer reception.  I invited team member Zahra who was also a top performer last year to join me so we could enjoy the virtual reception together.  I ordered the afternoon tea spread from the local Markham tea house and took out my Royal Doulton China for the experience.  We kicked off the event with a toast using our new fancy champagne glasses. 



The next day we were going to gather at Zahra's house with a few other team girls but I arrived late due to an accident with my dear daughter. 
She's taken to learning skateboarding this summer. 
Just when I was packing to get ready to leave, she came into the house crying saying she fell.  I took one look at her wrist and I knew a trip to emergency was in order. 

Poor girl broke her wrist but fortunately everything else seemed intact. 



The hospital visit was quick and efficient but I wanted to keep an eye on her until Kevin came home from work.  (My OT background was wanting to make sure that the swelling was under control and I wanted to watch for any circulation or nerve issues) 
So, the virtual aspect of the conference worked out great because I could watch from home with my girl near me. 

Anyway, the rest of the conference flew by.   



It ended with a wonderful toast from the Corporate team to us leaders: 


I love how this company celebrates and supports us! 

Now, there wasn't any formal stamping time during the convention because the focus was on leadership rather than showcasing new products (they are saving that for the November convention) but I just couldn't do a stamping event without some stamping! 

I organized a little shoebox swap for anyone who wanted to participate. 
(please note the chips in this photo...can't do a stampin' event without chips)


Here's the swap card that team girl Lorraine prepped for us using the ornamental envelopes bundle.  Isn't it gorgeous?  (supply list below)




Well that's a wrap on the first virtual Leaders Summit. 
My cup is full! 
Thanks for dropping in! 



Don't forget about my August shopping special: Get a free package of stampin' dimensionals with your order of $60 or more.  Contact me or shop online



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment