Friday, June 26, 2020

Family times during Pandemic Times


I haven't been counting the days since we've been in a state of emergency.  All I know is that I feel like it's been a really long time.  I'm sure like many of you my feelings and emotions about the situation vary from day to day.  Some days are harder than other days. 

I suppose this whole pandemic is not all gloom and doom because I have had some very pleasant family moments that I suspect wouldn't have happened if we hadn't all been forced to isolate together. 

For several months we were on a serious games night streak.  Most every night we would play games together.  Oftentimes this would mean a lot of shouting and accusations of people cheating or someone doing a victory dance at the end.  I loved it. 

The games nights have now given way to  watching Designated Survivor on netflix each night  There's something very bonding about sitting in suspense together as the story unfolds. 

Here's a few other photos showing how we are passing the time during the pandemic. 

Kevin set up a pop up tent in our backyard and bought a picnic table.  I feel like I've gained another room in my home.  We'll often eat dinner outside when the weather is nice or we can go out and read and just enjoy the summer weather. 


Kevin is always the finder of free things and he managed to acquire a small (actually tiny) fire pit. 
We've used it at night in the backyard to roast marshmallows.  It's kind of like we're camping but we can easily go inside when the bugs get bad or to use the toilet. 


  

We've also gone on some walks on local nature trails.  Who knew that we had such lovely nature walks so close to our home?  


There's not too many husband and wife date nights now but we did manage to sneak out for an ice cream cone at the McDonalds Drive thru! 


So there we go...in between the stress of a disrupted life and trying to figure out how to run a stamping business during a pandemic, there are all these beautiful moments that I wouldn't trade for a million dollars. 

We'll just keep on keeping on and I hope you are managing too. 
Thanks for dropping in. 














Shop online 24-7 or contact me to help you place your order





Come visit me on Facebook!





No comments:

Post a Comment