Monday, October 15, 2018

Fall 2018 Ladies Retreat Weekend Recap

It's Monday and I'm already set to share a recap from the Ladies Retreat Weekend this past weekend.
That means I'm still pleased and happy and grateful for the special weekend and I want to share it with you!

The Ladies Retreat Weekend was born out of a desire to give women the space to escape and work on whatever craft they desire.  They can choose to socialize with other women there or just focus on their own activities. 

Any kind of crafter is welcome to attend.  We've had knitters, sewers, stampers, scrapbookers, jewelry makers...the focus is about relaxing and escaping the pressures and responsibilities of everyday life.

Meals are delivered,  creative inspiration abounds in the room, friendships are strengthened and new friendships are formed.

It's a beautiful thing and hard to describe unless you attend.

Here's some photos from the weekend.  If you are someone who would love to have more time and space to work on your happy hobbies or just escape from the stress of everyday life, please consider joining in for the Spring retreat.  It will be the weekend of April 5-7.  All the details and registration are found HERE


It's a pleasant drive up to Midland Ontario.  Recently I have been using a hotel called the Quality Inn and Conference center.
The drive up to Midland was simply beautiful with the changing leaves.  If you look carefully you can see "stamp sideroad" as we near the hotel venue.  It's true!  It's a real road! 

Team S.T.I.C girl Melissa is an amazing and willing helper.  Once we arrive at the hotel, we run around setting up to try to get everything ready for the doors to open at 2pm. 






The ladies have access to my tools like punches and embossing folders and I sell some craft kits cash and carry 



Once we're ready, the doors open and the ladies start coming!  I love seeing how everyone sets themselves up for a weekend of chatting and crafting.  Large rolling bins, shelving systems, lamps, cozy slippers and aprons...I've seen it all and it's wonderful!  I want the ladies to feel right at home!



Crafting is bonding.  I love to see friends attend together and strengthen their friendship

It's also a wonderful time for me to connect with friends 



Rebecca was an original attendee when I started the retreats many years ago.  She's just returned this weekend after a hiatus and it was great to see her again! 


I have an optional stampin' class that attendees can choose to participate in called Stampin' Bingo. We stamp, we play bingo. 



These ladies were the big winners! 


I even got some scrapbooking done myself
 I loved walking around and seeing what everyone was creating!



Everyone was happy to share ideas and learn from each other.  Check out this crowd learning about a photo collage app


Look at these ladies!  Aren't they beautiful?  My heart is happy and full!  Thank you to everyone who attended this fall and I'm looking forward to the spring retreat!  Register today! 



No comments:

Post a Comment