Thursday, April 26, 2018

Thank you gifts




Welcome to the April Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop!  I'm thrilled to be hopping with demonstrators from around the world!  Make sure to follow the blog hop links below so you don't miss any inspiration.
Our theme this month is to focus on tools.
Did you know Wednesday was Administrative Assistants Day?
My husband absolutely knows that he must include handmade gifts whenever he is thanking people because a gift you have purchased is nice but a gift with a handmade touch is extra special.

He commissioned our daughter to make French Macrons.  (See the story of  how the French Macrons entered our home at this blog post)

Here are a few of her macrons.


Then I was called upon to develop the packaging for the macrons.

Here's the wrapped gift.  Sweet and Simple.  I decided to use the retiring Peek a Boo Peach colour because it seemed cheerful and lovely for spring.  Don't miss out on retiring colours and items!  Shop now on my online store. 

It was so easy and satisfying to make this.  I used some white gift boxes and wrapped the striped ribbon around...making sure that the ends were long to drape over the box.  For some reason using lots of ribbon makes the gift seem more extravagant to me because I'm not being stingy with the ribbon.
Maybe no one else would understand but for me to use LOTS of Stampin' Up! ribbon means that I really like you!  You are so amazing that you deserve LOTS of precious, high quality Stampin' Up! ribbon.

Here's the fun part that involves tools...
I stamped the flower and sentiment from the Cake Soiree set and punched it out with a 1 1/2" circle punch.  I then punched out the Peek a boo Peach cardstock with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  The two circles layered perfectly.  I then punched a tiny hole with the 1/16" circle punch and used the silver bakers twine.

Circle punches are a "must have".  I used them to make little tags but also to layer onto card fronts.

Thanks for letting me share my project today and thanks for dropping in! Make sure to hop around and see other project ideas using various tools!





Product List

6 comments:

  1. Those Macrons look delicious! And the presentation is amazing, how very lucky the receivers of those gifts will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking little treats & beautiful boxes. I love that the amount of ribbon used equals the amount you like the person haha! Fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Macron's were beautifully presented in the boces. Love also the colours you have used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter just learned to make macrons so I had them for the first time. YUM! I LOVE the packaging you made to present them in! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, the macrons look divine and so does your packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious looking macrons and love the packaging Genevieve x

    ReplyDelete