Monday, January 30, 2017

Birthdays for Bluefields Recap

For this week's mojo Monday card share I thought I would share another card we stamped at the Birthdays for Bluefields fundraiser.  It uses the A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper stack (item 141637) and the Balloon Adventures Stamp Set. (item 142823)

I love the simplicity of this card and the soft, sweet colours.  I'm sure if we switched out the stamp set to something else, it would also be a great baby card.  The white perfect accents (item 138416) just give a little something fun to the card as well!   Need any supplies? Head to my online store!

I know it's late but I wanted to share some photos from the fundraiser event. This fundraiser was to help raise funds for the team from our church going to Nicaragua. Each of the team members is responsible to help raise some funds for the mission.  Of course when Kevin asked me about doing a Stampin' fundraiser, how could I say no??!

 Kevin will be going with the team over March Break to partner with a local church and school there.  He could be doing anything from teacher training, serving food, fixing computers, taking food packets to people working at the rock quarry...they never really know what they'll be doing until they get there!

Kevin and I woke up bright and early on the fundraiser day and without consulting each other we both wore our Nicaragua t-shirts that one of the past teams had made up a few years back.

It was a real rush to set up the room for the stamping because the rooms were being used for different church activities.  I had the wonderful helping hands of several people.  Here's my friend Gloria who doesn't stamp but she happily put on an apron and totally knew how to work the room, clean up scraps, put supplies into the bags, moved the bags to the next table...she was a great help!

Of course my favourite part of any stamping event are the people!  I especially love seeing the happy smiles and cheerful chatter!


Oksana has three young children and doesn't get our stamping much at all!  Although she arrived late, she still got some stamping done and as you can see she was extremely excited to have time to herself and make some beautiful cards!

Thank you so much to all of you who contributed to the success of the event.  We raised $1040 for the mission team!  Thank you to those who attended the event, those who helped cut paper and stuff envelopes, those who placed orders, donated prizes and gosh everything else! 
Thank you so much for your support! 
I'll keep you posted on the team's adventures!

If you're interested in running a stampin' fundraiser, I'd be happy to help, just contact me! There are different fundraiser options available! 

No comments:

Post a Comment