Saturday, September 20, 2014

Home for the Holidays Day 3

I had been waiting in anticipation for yesterday.  It was the day we were scheduled to go to the Stampin' Up! manufacturing plant in Kanab.  Demonstrators had decided that we wanted to recognize and honour the hard work that those fine people do making our great products so we planned to all bring some treat packages so that we could hand them out to the staff while we were there.  It would be especially meaningful because traditionally when we go to the plant, the workers are so excited for us to come and usually greet us as soon as the bus pulls in with much applause and cheers.  They always let us know that they appreciate us.  So this year we wanted to turn the tables a bit and make sure that they knew we appreciated them just as much.
Here's a sampling of the goodies I brought down with me.  Several of the Team S.T.I.C girls got in on the fun and made these cute packets. (all filled with candy of course)

My new friend Rose Marie Coleman from Calgary brought these little treats using the new, super cute curvy keepsakes box.

Here they are, clapping for us as we pull in.

Here's Spencer, the man who cuts the rubber for the stamps, enjoying his little treat. 


One of the highlights was learning the process for making our new photopolymar stamps.  It is certainly a long process!  The floor was super sticky from the photopolymar goop too!

After the tour of the plant, we had a great BBQ lunch and then headed off to the park that Shelli and Sterling donated to the Kanab community.  Instead of sand or rocks around the playground equipment, it was covered with pieces of rubber!

Here's the Canadians in the group.

We had fun just horsing around at the playground.  Here's myself, Rose Marie Coleman and Krista F. 





We enjoyed the ride back to the hotel by playing Bingo (for Stampin' Up! prizes of course) and observing the gorgeous landscape. 


Then on return to the hotel, I hit the hospitality room to check out what's new. We received these Christmas packets full of homemade caramel corn. It smelled delicious!


And of course play the trivia game where the answer doesn't matter as much as the prize. 



After dinner a beautiful gift was waiting for me in my room.  All our pillow gifts have been Christmas themed to go with the retreat theme.  The beautiful tag and packaging just MAKES the gift doesn't it? (gotta buy myself more of that wide cherry cobbler ribbon!)  If you need to buy any products to make your Christmas packaging cuter than ever, make sure to shop on my online store! 


I am having a great time talking with other demonstrators.  I know I will have some exciting new class ideas coming your way after all the inspiration I've received here!  Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment