Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One day I hope to get to San Antonio!



I was awake early all excited to finally embark on this adventure to San Antonio.  I got to the airport in plenty of time.  I waited at the gate.  I waited some more.  I kept waiting until they announced that the plane I was supposed to get on was not landing due to bad visibility.  The plane had to re-route to buffalo.  Here is what it looks like at Pearson right now:

Okay, I admit, it's a little foggy.  The problem is I was supposed to fly to Chicago and then connect on to San Antonio.  There are no direct flights to San Antonio.  So, I've been rebooked to leave Toronto at 3:45pm (instead of the planned 11:55 am) and fly to Dallas.  The Stampin' Up! demonstrator in front of me in line got the last seat on the earliest flight out of Dallas to San Antonio.  (note to self: next time I am at the airport, sit at a seat closest to the ticket counter so that if a flight is cancelled, I can rush and be first in line!)
I will layover in Dallas for a long time and will hopefully get on the last flight out and be in San Antonio by midnight.  Groan.  It's going to be a long day!

On a positive note, I decided that this glitch in plans meant that I could console myself with a bag of Doritos.  How often do I get to just sit and do nothing and eat chips?  Not often enough, I think.
I also thought I would take a picture of these card folders I made for my roomates and share them with you.  I was DETERMINED to make something for my roomates and friends because when I went to convention, they brought lovely gifts for me and I had NOTHING for them.  How was I supposed to know that it must be some sort of etiquette to hand make something for your long distance stampin' friends that you reunite with at convention?
In order not to be shamed again, I had to make something.  I thought these were simple and easy and could also be used by them in their business.
Hee Hee.  You can see the corner of my Doritos chip bag in the picture. 

Here's a close up of the card.  You know I like these friends because I spared no expense.  There is an antique brad on every card!


Okay, I think my laptop is running out of battery.  I have to go!  I"ll keep you posted and hopefully will be in San Antonio sometime today...even if it's midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment