Thursday, January 19, 2012

A day of announcements and learning

It was such a full full day today.  First, up in the morning to get ready and get breakfast.  Then over to the convention hall to swap while we waited for the doors to open for general session.
Here's one of the cute swaps I received using the new upcoming exclusive sale-a-bration set: sprinkled expressions
Isn't the sweet shop paper so cute with it?

I swapped all my cards and can't wait to have some time to just sit and browse leisurely through all the swap cards I received.
The general session was full of excitement.  Stampin' Up! likes to share new announcements at their events.  They consider it a special perk for event attendees.
Want to know some of the new announcements????
Here we go....!!!
1) Stampin' Up will be releasing a diagonal scoring plate that fits on top of the simply scored tool.  WOOHOO!!!!  A fabulous tool to easily make boxes and envelopes and other 3-D.  I can't wait to get it in my hands.
2) Stampin Up! has made some changes to their catalogue program.  There is so much to say about this but I know that they want to make the catalogue more accessible to more people, less overwhelming more user friendly.  They are continuing with the one annual catalogue but the release date is changing to...JUNE 1st!  This means we will have a brand new catalogue with new in colours coming out in 5 months.  There is more about the catalogue program but I'll leave you hanging here...
3) They are discontinuing the decor elements line and the simply adorned line...so if there's anything you've been wanting to get...now is the time.

The other great thing are the prizes and freebies.  A couple of ladies who have been with the company Forever, just recently promoted to the highest title that exists.  They were rewarded with a LUSH trip to the West Indies and this giant basket of product.

Of course we were excited for these ladies but we were all more excited to receive our own free product.  Of course it wasn't a basketful but we love the mds cd, rhinestones and pearls, new stamp set from the new not yet released catalogue and our very on pool party ruffled ribbon. yeah.  Look how happy the whole auditorium gets when they hand out free stuff!  We just stand up and clap and dance and jump around and smile a lot. 
Here's a pic of me and Linda and Heather with our freebies.  For some reason I am just so tickled pink about the pool party ruffled ribbon.  I just can not stop thinking about how much I love that colour and now I will have ribbon to match the paper! 
We then had a delicious lunch, an afternoon full of classes and then we went out for dinner. 
I'm so sorry Kevin, I don't want to make you jealous but we went out for Mexican for dinner.  I almost felt like I was cheating on my husband because normally I am with him when I go out for Mexican.  I just love eating guacamole and deep friend cheesy enchaladas.  Yum.  The weather was so nice here and there are loads of restaurants just beside the river.  It's so quaint with stone walkways I felt like I was in Europe or something.  Here's some pictures of us as we're walking to  dinner

We also were serenaded at dinner by a cute mariachi (sp?) band. 


Oops, I forgot to mention that I sat in front of Sara Douglass, Shelli's daughter at one of the classes so I couldn't help but turn around and say hi.  (Esther, if you're reading this you have to know that the first thing Sara did was ask about you and how you're doing!)
Okay, that was my full full day.  I'm having fun, I'm glad I came and I"m looking forward to more fun and announcements and hopefully freebies tommorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment