Saturday, October 30, 2010

Christmas Card Purse









I had a wonderful quiet morning (hubby took the kids away overnight last night) so I could spend time crafting. I had hoped to get more done but I couldn't help doing the laundry (darn that new time of day pricing) and it took me a while to work on these card purses. I'm really happy with the result and I think they're beautiful (if I do say so myself)

Each card purse holds 4 note cards and co-ordinating stamped envelopes. I love how the jolly holiday paper uses the old olive and cherry cobbler and very vanilla together. I stamped the notecards with the new peaceful season hostess set (talk to me about how to earn this set free!)The scalloped circle sentiment on the front is from the perfect punches set.
Here's the problem. I am going to put these on the table at the craft show I'll be at in November. My opinion is that these handcrafted gifts are priceless. Well, at least worth "one million, trillion, dollars...wa ha ha ha!" (I watched Austin Powers last weekend)--sorry about that.
Really, how do I price handcrafted items? There is such a mentality that anything more than a dollar isn't worth it because you can get things from the dollar store. There is no way I"m charging a dollar for these lovely babies! I am thinking maybe $7? There's such gorgeous old olive satin ribbon handles.
In my opinion, it makes far more sense to purchase some standard supplies that you will have forever (stamps and ink) and then make your own hand crafted gifts rather than buying something that you only have once.


No comments:

Post a Comment