Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Some Christmas photos

We had a beautiful Christmas Day.  I thought I would share some photos of Christmas morning at our home.  We have some traditions which make it special for me and uniquely "our family".

The younger kids still put out milk and cookies for Santa.  Once the younger kids went to bed, the older kid drank the milk and ate most of the cookies.






When the kids wake up they are allowed to only open their stockings.  After that, they have to wait until we have a home cooked breakfast.

This year was nice because my daughter helped a lot with the cooking.   I really can't get over how fast the kids grow up.  Time seems to be on fast foward!


The big hit this year for breakfast were the breakfast sandwiches.  We had acquired a breakfast sandwich maker so it was big entertainment to learn how to use it and watch the sandwiches come out of the maker with the cheese melted and all.


After breakfast we get cozy and sing Christmas carols.  This tradition started because Kevin and I wanted the focus to be on Jesus before the kids got into ripping open all the presents!
My heart melts to see my youngest still trying to curl up in daddy's lap...even though he is far too tall now to fit comfortably.



It used to be that Kevin would play the guitar and we would sing from song sheets.  I guess now with technology advances, we were able to sing the songs from you tube that Kevin somehow got onto our tv screen.   Today's Watch it Wednesday will be a link to the you tube video of one of the Christmas songs we sang.
https://youtu.be/6aGLV5CfoTU




Finally we get around to opening the gifts.  I found this year particularly hilarious because this was the first year all the kids got presents for us and each other.

Nathaniel stamped a handmade card.

 This is what he wrote inside: Can you see it?





Just in case you can't...it says: To Daddy:
Merry Christmas
I didn't know what to get you so I decided to give you cash
From Nathaniel

There was a crisp $10 bill inside the card.

Tell me that's not hilarious!?

Almost as hilarious as the gifts that Ethan gave his father:
A hat that says: not your dad.  (I guess Kevin is supposed to wear this when they go out together)
A bear paw ice scraper and a coffee mug that says: Coffee makes you poop

I was laughing so hard I was crying!



From Michelle, I received two bags of chips and in the card, I was told to go find the other part of my gift in the fridge.

I had to dig around in the drawer and found a wrapped container of Helluva good dip!


Hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of our family Christmas.  Thanks for dropping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment