Friday, February 3, 2017

Happy New Year! Happy Birthday!

Last week was the celebration of the Lunar New Year.  My parents like to celebrate the new year by getting the family together for dinner.  I think this is an important tradition to my parents.  I'm happy to eat anytime but to my parents it's essential to eat together over Chinese New year.

My parents also invite their friends and we go out to a Chinese restaurant and have a billion course meal.  (okay it's not really a billion courses but it feels that way!)

I decided to whip up some happy new year cards to share with everyone.  Using pinterest as my inspiration, here is what I came up with. (see the supply list below and click on any of the images to take you to my online store)


Apparently the Chinese characters say "friendship".  However I don't really know because I don't read Chinese. :-P
I was really happy with how the cards turned out.  Cherry Cobbler red is the perfect red for these cards.  I had to add a touch of gold since I think my parents would like that.  I used black staz on ink on the gold foil paper to stamp the sentiment.  

Chinese New Year is also special in our family because we celebrate two birthdays!  My dad's birthday is on February 1st and my daughter's birthday is February 2nd.  

I thought this was such a sweet picture of my dad and daughter together. 


I can't believe my daughter is 12 now.  She's almost as tall as me and has been complaining of her legs hurting so I bet she's hitting a growth spurt. Time flies so quickly...I'm trying to enjoy every minute!
Thanks for dropping in and I hope you enjoy every minute of today! 




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment