Thursday, August 18, 2016

Organize those little pieces

For today's tip Thursday, I thought I'd share another organization tip.
What do clear cellophane envelopes have to do with organization you ask?

Well, I don't know about you...but when I stamp sometimes I get called away before I finish what I'm making and I can't come back to that particular project right away.  I might come back to my table to stamp other pressing items but not what I was working on in the first place. 
Or perhaps I cut out some pieces I thought I would use but then didn't. 
This is what I have started doing.
I take one clear envelope and I cut the top off. 


Then I pin it to my bulletin board making sure to keep the opening free and unpinned. 
Now it is like a little see-through pocket so I can put my useful loose pieces inside so they don't get lost in the mess  on my table or accidentally thrown out.  
For example, I was making samples for my Thoughtful Branches Class and I cut out these beautiful leaves...but then they didn't work with the card after all.  Now that they are safely in this pocket they are out of the mess but I can also see them and perhaps use them on another project later.  They are too beautiful to throw away! 
Speaking of Thoughtful Branches they are only available until August 31st or while supplies last.  Shop for yours now! 


Hope you enjoyed my tip Thursday today!  Thanks for stopping by! 
See how else I used push pins in this previous blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment