Monday, April 20, 2015

Quebec avec Team Canada

Earlier this year I was invited by canadian Stampin Up manager, Dale Hampshire to attend a "strategy summit". He wanted to get demonstrators together to talk and strategize about Canadian stampin up issues.
A team had met last year in Niagara Falls and some cool things came out from those meetings like fall conferences, a Canadian newsletter and such.
I think a few of the team members could not attend this time so I got drafted in along with Lindsay Mahon from Edmonton.  We had our strategy meetings this weekend in Quebec City. Here's some pictures and highlights. 

I believe there were 12 demonstrators plus Dale and his assistant Carrie. Most of the demonstrators came from Alberta but there were two of us from ontario, one from BC and one from Quebec and one from Newfoundland. Everyone was very experienced in being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  In fact, I was the youngest demonstrator at 7 and a half years.

Here's my attempt at a group selfie at Pearson airport. I need practice. 



Here is Dale's assistant Carrie.  She is amazing.  She met us at Quebec airport and had a minibus to transport us all to the hotel.

The hotel was a lovely, quaint hotel in the heart of old Quebec.


Just because Stampin' Up! Canada doesn't have all the big fancy departments like an events team down in Utah , doesn't mean they forget the small, sweet touches like a little gift in my hotel room on the first night.

One of my favourite gifts in the bag was this pin.  All the Stampin' Up! staff were wearing this pin at the last Leadership convention in January and I begged everyone to give me one.  I think I even had the nerve to ask the president but to no avail.  No one gave me that pin.  But I got one this weekend!!!  (I know, small things make me happy)

The next day was strategy meetings and a walking tour of Old Quebec.
Here's Dale and I.  (To understand the raised fist thing you have to read this post HERE)
The next day was full with more strategy meetings and working lunch but dinner was a fun surprise.  We took our little mini bus to a Sugar Shack.  It's a great Quebec tradition during Maple syrup time.  We ate in this wood lodge and ate traditional Quebecois food like tourtiere (meat pie), pea soup, sugar pie etc.  The food was delicious and the whole time there was a live band playing loud, energetic french folk songs. The children would dance and the waitresses would play the spoons.

Then at the end of the evening we went outside for snow taffy.  They pour maple syrup on snow and then you take a stick and roll it on the taffy and then you eat the delicious treat!


Of course as usual, the highlight of the weekend was the chance to visit and socialize with other demonstrators.  Being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is full of fun and experiences.  If you would like to chat more about it, please let me know! 




No comments:

Post a Comment