Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Feeling Sentimental

 I had a big box of spring catalogue and sale-a-bration pre order goodies that I would not allow myself to play with until I had more breathing space.  I've been so busy that there hasn't really been any time to "play" stamps.  By the time my last Christmas card class hit last Friday, I was itching so badly to play with spring things I couldn't stand it!  Saturday morning was the time!  I raced down to the craft cave while the kids were doing their Saturday morning lounging in front of the TV routine.  The sale-a-bration offerings this year are amazing.  I fell in love with this set called "Feeling Sentimental" right away.  It just evokes such feelings of family and warmth from days gone by...
Plus I LOVE the detail in the image.  I still am amazed by how Stampin' Up! manages to get the detail etched into the rubber and that it comes out so perfectly when I stamp. 
The dsp is also a sale-a-bration freebie.  It's called Sycamore Street I believe.  Yes summer starfruit, you fit perfectly here with the early espresso.  The ticket stamp comes from a new spring catalogue set called "That's the Ticket". 
 
Unfortunately the brief Saturday morning stint was not enough time to satisfy the itch that I had.  I had a nap Saturday afternoon and I was dreaming of the sycamore street dsp and what I wanted to make with it.  I am not lying to you.  Sometimes I do have a slight concern that I am completely insane.  With the recent rush of Christmas card stamping classes and filling last minute Christmas wish orders, you'd think I'd be sick of Stampin' Up! and want nothing more than to curl up in front of the tv and pretend that Stamping doesn't exist.  Nope.  I can't stop thinking of what I want to make.  I suspect it may be a slight manic tendency I have when I get sleep deprived and over tired.  I can't make my brain stop running on full speed.  (By the way, I am somewhat consoled about my insanity concern because I have talked to my other Stampin' Up! demonstrator friends and they too lose sleep thinking about stamping!  If I'm crazy, at least I'm crazy within community. Ha!)
Anyway, Kevin has developed a terrible cough which means I have not been sleeping well. I believe it was Saturday night I woke up at 2:30am to his hacking and I gave up on sleep and decided to see if more stamping would make me happy since I wasn't sleeping.  There was something absolutely wonderful about the stillness of the night and not being interrupted by anything.  I just created.  I felt like a real artist; first because don't real artists have unusual schedules?  They just create at all hours of the day? Second,  because these sale-a-bration sets are so new there are hardly any samples on the internet yet so I actually created from scratch.  I felt so shocked.  
Here's another sneak peek of a saleabration set called Vintage Verses and of course I used that Sycamore street dsp in hopes I would stop dreaming about it.  
 
(Team S.T.I.C girls, these are just a couple of cards you may make at our 20 different card team stamp a stack later this month!)
Keep checking my blog regularly because I hope to have more samples to show you from the spring catalogue and sale-a-bration offerings.  My calendar is already filling up with sale-a-bration booking dates.  Hostesses are always rewarded during sale-a-bration so make sure to set a date with me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment