Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Small yet big

I sat down yesterday as I wanted to make a card for a friend who had recently lost her mother.  My heart is always so heavy when I have to make a sympathy card because I know I want to share some love through my creation but of course it is so sad because the loss is so huge.  Anyway, this is what I came up with.  Of course I grabbed my Thoughts and Prayers stamp set first.  I was going to use the flower/vine image on this set but as I stared at my dsp, I felt that the comfort cafe paper would be the way the go.  The colours just felt right to me.  So, I didn't want to over-flower the card and decided to use the tree image instead. 
After I made the card, I just felt it was lacking that special touch.  Here is the close up of the special touch I decided on...
 
...A tiny bit of champagne shimmer paint on some of the leaves of the tree.  Since I was lacking a paintbrush, I just used the tip of a pencil and dabbed it into the lid of the container since there was a little paint pooling there.  I really liked the effect.
So, the lesson learned here is that a small product like shimmer paint can have a big effect.  Shimmer paint is a great product for holiday projects too!  The frost white shimmer paint is already on backorder but should start shipping soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment