Sunday, September 2, 2012

What a Summer!

Now that September is officially here, I can't help but think back over the summer and think about what a great summer it was!  Since I work in school health as an occupational therapist, I choose to take the summer off and Kevin, as a VP works loosely from home over the summer so we are blessed to have a lot of family time over the summer.  Here's some highlights!


It really feels like summer before school is even over!  The final days of school in June are filled with class excursions and parties.  My baby boy (who's now 5 and going into SK!), had a fun last day of school visiting the firehall (complete with spraying a water hose!) and mini golfing.


We typically have an annual family vacation to Kevin's parents timeshare north of Barrie.  This year we tried something different.  We went up in the first week of July but Kevin and I took turns going up with the kids.  What that meant is that Kevin stayed at home on his own for the first half of the week while I had the kids up north then on Wednesday, Kevin and I swapped and I went home on my own.  One of the favourite activites that the kids enjoy at the timeshare resort is cookie decorating. (well, maybe I should say unhealthy cookie eating...) 
This was our first time going up during the July 1st holiday.  Horseshoe valley had some different activities set up for the kids like bouncy castles and different vendors.  My older kids got a chance to drive a Segway which they thought was very fun.


The rest of the summer we had other fun activites, I went to convention and we all waited eagerly for our much anticipated family Disney vacation.
What can I say?  We love Disney!  It was truly a family vacation where every single one of us had a great time.  With the spread of ages of my children, sometimes it's hard for everyone to have fun but not at Disney!  Even Kevin and I had a great time ourselves and we loved seeing the excitment of the kids. 


So, that's our summer in a nutshell.  Looking forward to the routine of the fall. Give me a call to catch up!  I'd love to hear about your summer activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment