Friday, July 20, 2012

Convention Day 2

What can I say?  Another great day yesterday.  I am so glad I decided to come.  There is NOTHING like attending a Stampin' Up! convention. 
The day started with standing in line to enter the first general session.  Standing in line to get into the auditorium is a tradition but also a great experience.  How can standing in line be a great experience you ask?  Well, it's nothing like standing in line in the grocery store where you impatiently tap your feet because you have a million other errands to do and there's nothing to look at except trashy magazines.  No, standing in line at a Stampin' Up! convention means that you are chatting with friends, and swapping cards. I saw so many beautiful card ideas. You are also anticipating what great surprises Stampin' Up! will have in store next.   I had only made about 67 cards to swap so I was carefully spreading out my swapping so that I wouldn't be all swapped out in the first 30 minutes.  I wanted the experience to last!  I think I will have to have some kind of open house or event in the next couple of months just to show off the swaps I received.  I have to say the swaps were amazing this year!
Oh darn.  I was going to show a picture of Paula's swap card but I forgot my phone cable upstairs.  I'll try and upload later.
We finally made it into the auditorium where there was loud, energetic music.  All the stampin' up staff were there to great us with high five's cheers and applause.  If you want to have a job where you are valued and appreciated, being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is a great option! (just sayin'...)  We got to hear the convention theme song which I LOVE and Shelli Gardner (CEO) came on stage to share her opening words.  I know it sounds hokey but I actually got teary watching the video for the theme song and when Shelli was sharing on stage.  The theme for the convention is "I am..."  and the idea is to think about and celebrate all the things we are.  Shelli asked us to think about it and pick one word to complete the sentence: I am...
For me, all sorts of thoughts swirled in my mind:  I am a mother, I am a wife, I am thankful, I am blessed, I am me...but when I really tried to make myself think of just one word I came up with:
I AM PASSIONATE.  This brought tears to my eyes because so often I wish I weren't so passionate.  I would probably get more sleep if I weren't so passionate.  I would probably worry less and have less anxiety moments if I weren't so passionate but ultimately this is me.  This is how God made me and I am trying to embrace it.  I get passionate (aka obsessed) with all sorts of things; my kids (how they're developing, how they're eating, how they're sleeping, etc), my faith, my husband, my Stampin' Up role and journey.  Anyway, yesterday being passionate seemed just right and I was thankful to be exactly where I was.  Here is the fun video.  Enjoy!  Hope it works okay.
I will post more as soon as I get a chance.  There's only free wifi in the hotel lobby and here I am in the lobby but no cables to upload any pictures and it's time to get ready for another busy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment