Sunday, January 1, 2012

All by Myself!

At the December Team S.T.I.C meeting, Esther had made a passing comment prior to her technique demonstrations.  She said "If you're like me, when you want to make a card, you sit down and start creating it."  I thought to myself.  Nope.  That's not me.  When I want to make a card, I sit down and turn on my computer to see what internet sample I am going to copy today.  To give myself a little credit, sometimes the final product is somewhat changed from the internet sample but still...I depend on other creative people for my inspiration.  If I sat down and just tried to make a card without a sample in front of me, I might never get anything finished.  I decided the other day to challenge myself and try to make a card all by myself.  Here's what I came up with.  You don't want to know how long this took me to make.  The card kept morphing and changing and I kept having to rip up cardstock I had already glued down because I realized it needed something else.

This card uses the twitterpated fabric and buttons along with the take it to heart stamp set.  The background is the wheel called I {Love} Love.  I am contemplating whether this is an acceptable swap card for the upcoming Leadership Convention.  Here is the problem with being a copy cat stamper like myself.  When I swap at these Stampin' Up! conventions, I have a fear that I will copy a card from the internet as my swap card and then actually swap with the person who "invented" the card in the first place.  If it were me, I would be flattered that someone copied my card but maybe the person will be indignant that I have violated them...copying their work of art.  So, to avoid that fear altogether, I am hoping to come up with a swap card that is a Genevieve original.  I'm going to keep playing and see what I come up with.  Time is running out.  Leadership is in 2 1/2 weeks!  Yikes!

Now here is something that is easy to create without a sample.  The occasions mini has a wonderful simply sent kit that is absolutely fabulous.  They make amazing gifts and are also perfect to make super fast cards when you are in a rush.  The kit even comes with a box to store all your wonderful creations.  These two cards were made by me in a flash without any sample.  The stickers that come in the kit just make it so easy.





Here's the cute little box:



Whether you are a stamper that needs some inspiration or one that can come up with ideas right from your own brain, I hope you enjoy all your handmade creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment