Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Baja Breeze: take two


I'm enjoying the relaxed pace of the summer. I've had lots of time to play in my basement craft cave while the kids run screaming around the house. Grin.
Here's a couple of cards I made using some of the new catalogue stamp sets. Of course, why make one card, when you can make two.
This card uses the button buddies stamp set. I love the colour combo which I got from the colour coach. Cherry Cobbler, More mustard and Baja Breeze.

I was all excited when I found this stamp set: Cherish Friendship when I was sorting through my clear mount sets. I can't believe that I forgot I pre-ordered this set waaa...yyyy back in June. The line image is so detailed and is perfect for watercoloring but of course I cheated and just used the markers instead. I discovered that if just coloured where there were shadow lines on the image and left some spots uncoloured, it looks kind of like watercolouring...but not. I think I'll name my lazy technique "faux watercolouring"

Don't get me wrong. It's not that watercolouring is harder or any more work than colouring with markers. It's just that I have my markers right beside me and my watercolouring things are under the desk behind my stack of envelopes. This would require me to bend down and search around. Pathetic that I am so lazy, I know. Between my potato chip eating and inactivity, the heart and stroke foundation should be knocking on my door any day now to lecture me on healthy lifestyle strategies.






1 comment: