Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Anniversary!



Yesterday was my 15th wedding anniversary! When I announced this to my children a couple of days ago, my oldest son lept out of his chair and said "I need to make a card!" I am serious. Isn't that funny?! I influence my kids without even knowing it! Here's the card he made and gave to us on our anniversary. So cute! Handmade is the best.


I felt guilty because I hadn't sat down to make my husband a unique card. If anyone deserves a handmade card, it should be him considering all he does to support me in my hobby.


I had made a card the night before at my Team S.T.I.C meeting since we were all stamping but we were all stamping the same card and I felt it was cheating since I had designed that card for a workshop...not for him.



Yesterday I had to work (with the end of the school year, the pace and workload has picked up considerably...). I only had a few minutes between paper work and running to the school where I made this card. I used the sponge daubers to sponge colour over the whisper white cardstock. (tempting turquoise and night of navy, then crumb cake and early espresso, then the red band
is melon mambo and rose red). I spritzed everything with silver foil smooch spritz in my attempt to "man" it up a bit. I couldn't resist adding and antique brad...they are too beautiful to omit.


Of course my husband gave me a card because I asked him to. For those of you married for any length of time, you know that if you want your husband to do something for you, you have to come right out and ask in order to avoid disappointment. I told him he didnt' need to buy me anything but please give me a card and write something meaningful and loving inside. That's all I wanted. I said he was free to buy a card but it had to be a nice one. No dollar store cards PLEEASE!

The good man did exactly as I asked. Here is the card he bought me. It was special because when you open it, it sings a Taylor Swift song. Hilarious. It scared the kids the first time but it was fun.


1 comment:

  1. Great anniversary card!!! I liked the fact that you spritzed it to "man it up". That's too funny.

    ReplyDelete