Saturday, April 3, 2010

Finally! French Filigree Fun


Finally had a chance to play with my french filigree stamp. All I could see when I looked at the stamp was gold embossing so that's the first thing I did. I did heat embossing with gold on very vanilla paper. Then I put some vellum onto it and attached them together with a very vanilla bow. It took me a while to figure out what cardstock to use. I kept thinking a rich colour like bravo burgundy or night of navy but it didn't look quite right. I finally settled with soft suede. Finished the card off with the great friend stamp set and a gold brad. You can't see the vellum that well in the picture but it softens up the harshness of the gold embossing.

Make sure to talk to me if you're not familiar with the heat embossing technique. It's a great technique to add elegance and texture at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment