Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Alaska Achiever's Blog Hop


Welcome to the Alaska Achievers monthly blog hop!  Thank you for dropping in!  You may be starting the hop here with me, Genevieve Ko or you may have hopped here from a previous blog.  Either way, make sure you read all the way to the end of the blog post to see the list of blogs that are participating so you can hop on and receive more fantastic inspiration!

This month I wanted to share a gift that I made a friend for Christmas.  I truly love how stamping has given me a way to give special and meaningful gifts.

This gift is for a dear friend of mine, Gloria.  We became very close during our university years as we roomed together in a three bedroom flat.

Here's a photo of us three roomies over the decades:


The first photo was us circa 1993, then 2007 then 2017! 

We've shared laughter, tears, family stories and so much more together.  See, a friend like that can't just get a box of chocolates from the mall. (not that there's anything wrong with a box of chocolates...I love chocolate) However, I really wanted to stamp something meaningful for her. 

(Gloria if you are reading this just stop now if I didn't see you at church on Sunday to give you your gift!) 


Here's what I made: 




Here's a little close up of the stamping.



It was fairly simple to make but it made me oh so happy!

Even though Christmas is over, there's still lots of reason to create handmade gifts for others.  Valentines day is just around the corner!  Just do it!  Make something beautiful for someone else!

Still some time to nab some deals on my online store.  Only a few days left before the holiday catalogue leaves us for good!

Thanks for stopping in!  The blog hopping list is below as well as the supply list for this project!
Product List

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! I still haven't got this set out to use. I must have a play! You have inspired me. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Genevieve! Gloria must have loved her gift!

    ReplyDelete