Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fundraiser Pictures

A very very belated post regarding the Room for a Child fundraiser that I participated in 2 weeks ago.  It's very hard to put into words how special it was for me to be a part of Room for a Child's first fundraiser.
I was happily chatting and helping people during the event I forgot to take many photos but here are a couple that I have.  The room of 45 participants was full of friendly chatter and this was the first time stamping for quite a few of the women.  It didn't matter.  Everyone was done their 10 cards in 3 hours and everyone left happy and pleased with their creations and that their afternoon together was for a great cause.




Here is a before and after picture of a young boy's room that Room for a Child was involved with.  We don't realize that there are many children and families right here in the GTA that live without simple luxuries like blinds and pillow cases.

Here is an excerpt from the email I received from the founder, Dawn Gillespie, after the fundraiser:

"We raised $530 in the raffle. So with our share of the registration fees, ... commission on sales of supplies plus generous donations, we met our goal of $2000!


 This morning we began delivering furniture to the 2 families we are currently helping, one of whom has very little beyond what they arrived here with on May 2.
Your support and generosity are helping Room for a Child continue."

I feel so blessed to have been a part of the great service that Room for a Child is offering.  Being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator allows for so many opportunities to make a difference.  To find out more about the Stampin' Up! family, check out the information HERE or come on out to my family night 6:00 on June 26th. I will be sharing my stampin' story and answering any burning questions you may have. RSVP required. 



No comments:

Post a Comment