Monday, December 30, 2013

Beauty with Stampin' Up! framelits

It all started with this beautiful card I received from Agnes T.  I love getting handmade cards in the mail and this one was stunning.  Check out the silver glimmer paper and how she used the festive flurry framelits to make a cut out window.  (Don't forget if the winter frost designer series paper and other great things from the holiday mini catalogue will be gone come Jan. 2nd)

The card really peaked my interest and I wanted to try a similar style card for my upcoming technique class on January 6th.  I started playing this afternoon.  Here's what I made:


I don't know if you can tell but there is a cut out window where the vellum heart hangs.  (check out the new up and coming gold bakers twine and gold embossed vellum).  I liked the card but I still wanted to keep playing.  So, using Lyssa Z's tutorial, I created this card.  I loved this one more so it will be one of the cards we'll make this Monday.  I think it looks even better in person!  Those thinlit flip flop cards are so easy to make and so fun! The hanging element in a created window gives that extra wow!

Pleased with my creation, I started cleaning up my space but I couldn't leave the cut out heart that came from the creation of the above heart card.  I HAD to create with that scrap piece.  This is what I made:

Scraps make great cards!

Come on out to an upcoming class or contact me and I'll bring the class to you.  
Shop now for the last things on your wish list from the holiday catalogue, check out the clearance rack and get ready because the spring catalogue goes live on January 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment