Monday, June 13, 2011

not girly!

Lately my son has been complaining that my cards are too "girly". I pulled out the retiring extreme skateboarder stamp and made a couple of cards that I thought he would be not be embarassed to give to his friends. It was fun to do something so different from my usual flowery elements of style!


This card uses basic black cardstock and ink and is sprayed with silver foil smooch spritz. It also uses the wicked cool DSP (ah ha! Not just for halloween!). The sentiment is that very cool FYI stamp set which will be gone at the end of this month!






This card was super fun to make and involved cutting punched out squares and glueing them on crumb cake cardstock to make a wall. The edges of the bricks were sponged with crumb cake and the skateboarder was stamped 3 times with early espresso without re-inking. I think this is called repetition stamping and it's cool how it gives the effect of movement.



No comments:

Post a Comment