Thursday, April 5, 2018

Getting Ready for On Stage!

So sorry I missed Watch it Wednesday yesterday.  Time is just flying by!  If you were here you would see my craft cave in complete chaos.  Okay I admit a chaotic craft cave is not that unusual for me but it's extra exciting because this weekend is the Stampin' Up! On Stage event.  Twice a year Stampin' Up! does events to unveil an upcoming catalogue and to provide training and information on new products. 

Going to a Stampin' Up! event is not like going to a boring convention work meeting where you try not to fall asleep during the presentations or you wish you were off doing something more fun.  Stampin' Up! events are fun!  This weekend there will be demonstrators flocking to locations all around the world to watch videos from the home office, swap card ideas, meet friends, stamp, hold the new catalogue, drool over the new catalogue, order from the new catalogue, drool over the new catalogue...(oh sorry I think I said that already)

Quite a large group from Team S.T.I.C are going to London, Ontario so I've been busy prepping swap cards, gifts, coordinating purple team t shirts and the like. 

General card swapping at a Stampin' Up! event is so fun!  It's completely casual.  You just carry your cards with you wherever you go and just go up to complete strangers and ask "are you swapping?" and if they say yes you swap cards.  That's it!  Really you don't even have to ask most of the time.  People are just walking around holding out cards and you know they're swapping. 

I think I've got about 40 cards to swap which isn't many at all but since it's just a local event in London, Ontario with only a few hundred people instead of a few thousand I hope I'll still have enough to get a good variety of cards back in return.   I can't wait to show you what samples I come home with! 

I have a few different designs of cards and what I did to save time is I took out card kits from past classes or events that didn't get used and make them up for swap cards.

Here is a card that we made at our last Team S.T.I.C meeting. 


For some reason I had a bunch of the Bermuda Bay base and Basic Black layer left over but no white pieces.  No worries.  I just cut a bunch of white pieces and turned them into this card: 



For today's watch it Wednesday video I thought I would post the recap video from the last On Stage event in Salt Lake City.  It was a live event (unlike the local satellite event we are going to this weekend) but I hope you will still get the feel of the energy and friendship and fun! 

You can also read my recap blog post from the last November event HERE

Being a part of the Stampin' Up! family and my Team S.T.I.C stampers is a fantastic journey!  Please consider joining in!  Very soon it will be a wonderful time to join because you can fill your starter kit will brand new catalogue goodies! EEEKKK! 

Check out some of the perks of the Stampin' Up! starter kit here and enjoy the video! 





No comments:

Post a Comment