Monday, October 9, 2017

Thanksgiving Things

Yesterday was a day of thanksgiving for our family. In our faith community we recognize that faith is a journey and people can make a decision about where to place their faith.  When someone places their faith in Jesus and wants to commit to following Him, it's encouraged that that person take the step of Baptism, a public declaration and identification with Jesus and his death and resurrection to life. 

At our church it's a very joyful celebration!  (in case you are imagining that it's a somber ceremony).  It's really a celebration of new life.

Our son Ethan recently decided to get baptized so we wanted to celebrate! If you know Ethan he can be super shy.  He doesn't like the limelight on him at all. I'm pretty proud about how courageous he was to stand in front of everyone at our church service with hundreds of people.




Of course I had to mark the occasion with a card.  Here's the card I made for him. 
I don't own any baptism stamps so the Labeler Alphabet set came to the rescue!

I felt High Tide was the perfect set to use since we talk often with Ethan about how he can be a light in this world.



Yesterday evening was dinner at my brother's house and I didn't want to show up empty handed.  Paper pumpkin to the rescue!  I love how paper pumpkin makes crafting easy AND beautiful!  

These pillow boxes were already pre-embossed and the gold die cut leaf stickers were so gorgeous! 

I had a very enjoyable afternoon stamping and assembling and there was enough to take to my brother's house and there are enough notecards that I can use as table name tags at my dinner tonight! 



I think a Paper pumpkin subscription is the way to go!  The kits are always professionally designed and they are so great!! 

There is just one more day to subscribe in order to get the October kit.  

What's awesome is that we know the October and November kits will be co-ordinating and will be great for the holidays.  If you're already a subscriber I would suggest increasing your kit amount because I have a hunch we are going to want more than 1. 
If you haven't subscribed yet, now is the time because busy holiday things will mean there is even more reason to get an all-inclusive kit! 

Head over to my unique paper pumpkin site and subscribe today! Make sure to let me know you've subscribed so I can make sure you're on my pumpkin pals list. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment