Monday, November 25, 2013

A cute couple; a cute card

Last week Kevin and I went to a wedding for our friends Lynn and Vernon.  Vernon was the team leader for the group that went down to Nicaragua two years ago.  Lynn and Vern met on the missions trip.  Everyone was happy and thrilled for them.  Here's the happy couple:
 Kevin wasn't able to go to the wedding ceremony as he's taking a course but I went because I think the ceremony is the most meaningful part and I love to see the exchange of vows.  The wedding was so sweet and cute.  Before the ceremony started, they showed a video that Vern made.  It was a cartoon like video made of the stick figures that Vern draws and it was the love story of Lynn and Vern and how Vern proposed.  I hope they post the video on you tube so I can share it with you but all I can say is that it was very cute and funny.  I didn't have time to make a card before the wedding ceremony.  I figured I would have time between the ceremony and the reception.  I"m glad I waited.  Having seen the cute video and the cute couple it inspired me to make a cute wedding card.  I didn't go with the traditional flowery/romantic kind of wedding card.  I went with this:
I know.  Isn't it funny?  I couldn't resist.  Zoo babies is such a cute stamp set.  I kept looking at it wondering how I was going to use it to make a wedding card and this is what I came up with.  The "happy together" sentiment from the Dozen Thoughts stamp set is embossed in silver.  I'm using silver glimmer paper (on sale now!) and the thinlits circle card die to give the extra wow effect.
Go ahead, break out your crafting supplies and make something cute.
Shop for everything you need now on my online store!  (don't miss the big holiday sale on now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment