Thursday, June 20, 2013

Susan's Farewell

My friend and fellow stamper Susan is moving out to the country.  This will be great for her family and especially her kids as they can have all the space they want to run around.  I will truly miss Susan because since I met her many years ago when our kids were babies, we have shared many laughs and crafting sessions together.  It was so great having her live right at the end of my street.  It was easy to walk to each other's houses and we'd always see each other at the school when dropping off the kids.  She has always been so generous and saved me out of many pinches such as when I needed oregano to finish my stew or extra Baja breeze paper because I forgot to order enough for a class.  I couldn't let Susan leave without a little something to say goodbye.  So, a few of us got together and scrapped, chatted, laughed and snacked.  It was a really wonderful evening.  Susan, we'll miss you lots but we'll make sure to keep in touch!
Here's Susan cutting into her cake.  I didn't do much decorating but wanted a little bit of a butterfly theme so I used the bigz butterfly die to make some things to dress up the food.
I used vellum and brayered it with summer starfruit then punched a circle and layered a mini scallop circle on top and wrote her name on the scallop circle.

Here's the card I made.  I actually made it myself (not a CASE!).  I am loving the pistachio pudding/baked brown sugar combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment