Thursday, April 18, 2013

Case with a twist and Silver Glimmer

Just a note to say Congratulations to Rebecca A for winning my raffle for those who placed outside orders to take advantage of the free shipping.  Rebecca wins a package of silver glimmer paper.  Woohoo!
Speaking of silver glimmer, here's a card I want to share. (check out the silver glimmer hearts) A couple of team members from the Nicaragua missions team just got engaged recently.  We all saw it coming but were pleased that they had made it official.  This past weekend we had a Nic team potluck, sharing.  This gave me the deadline to make their card.  This card is a complete case from something I saw on pintrest.  I just changed the colours.  It uses the Oh Whale and bitty banners set and the sunshine and sprinkles dsp.  The card I saw on pintrest didn't use the whale stamp.  It just used the clearlit to cut out the whales in two different colours of dsp.  I thought it was strange that the person didn't use the stamp set since the stamp makes it cuter (I thought) but as soon as I started working on the card I realized why...the stamp only stamps the whale in one direction.  I couldn't make the whales kiss if they were facing the same direction.  Duh.  So here's what I did so I could make the melon mambo whale face the other direction:
I cut out the whale with whisper white cardstock with the clearlit and oriented the whale cut out the way I wanted. (basically flipped over the cardstock)
I stamped the whale in melon mambo onto my stamp a ma jig transparency.  Then I pushed the transparency evenly against the whisper white cardstock cut out. Ta dah!  I know the image is not as clean looking as the other whale but I didn't care.  I got the whales to kiss and that was my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment