Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lifting my spirits with some calypso delight

I've been doing fine with Kevin out of town. The kids are happy and fed and clothed and we've been having some fun adventures and playdates so I think I'm doing my job.  I even managed to put out the recycling last night all by myself (typically that's Kevin's job) Just three more days and he'll be home...only to jump back into the crazy work/school routine. 
Despite everything going so well for some reason yesterday night and today I feel completely bummed.  Having had some bad depression episodes post partum and as a side effect of some medical issues, I recognized that I had to be careful with my thoughts today.  Usually when I start spiralling downwards, my thought life does not help...I tend to focus on my weaknesses, my failures, my disappointments.  Ugh.  NOT the cheery thoughts that I should be having and projecting to my kids. 
Fortunately I had some time to myself this morning since Michelle was at a friends house and my mom suddenly called and said that she was in the area and wanted to take the other kids out.
The time to myself was wonderful.  I was able to recharge a bit by listening to music, journalling and reading.  Then I went down to my stamp area and was working on finishing some cards I had started a few days ago.  (I really thought I would be getting so much stamping done over the March break but that hasn't been the case at all!)  Here's my favourite one I did today.  I wanted bright colours to help me have a more positive attitude and lift my spirits.  The colour coach gave me the idea to put calypso coral and daffodil delight together.
The stamp set is printed petals, and tiny tags.  The flowers are punched out with the boho blossoms punch and there is one of the new jumbo pearls from the occasions mini to top it off.

Here's another card I made with calypso coral cardstock.  I just threw it together really quickly but I'm still happy with how it turned out.  As you can tell, I was having fun with my framed tulips embossing folder...
This card uses the apothecary stamp set and Loving Thoughts stamp set.  I didn't think I would like the Loving thoughts set as much as I do.  I only got it since it was given to us at Leadership but now I find I use it fairly frequently because the sentiments can be used for cards and as journalling prompts for scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment