Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Labour of Love



Just thought I'd share what I did last night.  The day went by so fast yesterday that I didn't get around to making my husband and kids their valentines until yesterday night.  (Is that called Valentine's eve?) Anyway, Kevin and I were tired and Kevin was asking if I was going to go to bed.  I said no and he asked what I was doing.  I said I was making valentines for him and the kids.  He said it wasn't necessary but I knew this was something I HAD to do.  I really wanted to make them something.  Kevin understood.  He said "Oh, a labour of love."  and then he left me alone to continue my obsessive crafting. 
I had bought some chocolate macademian nuts and turkish delight for Kevin and I wanted to package it nicely.  Here's what I came up with. You can't really see the box that well but you get the idea.  I even crimped and sliced my own designer series paper for filling inside the box.
Here's a close up of the card:  I was determined to not do my quick, easy, clean and simple style.  My husband deserves time and embellishments! 
Here's what I made for the kids:
I used the framelit die to create the bag topper and I used the little mazes that were in the occasions mini but stamped it with the take it to heart stamp set.  (too cheap to buy the co-ordinating maze set)

Through this crafting experience I discovered that I love the adorning accents.  I decided I must do a class on it!  Wed. Feb. 29th!
I'll update my class calendar soon.  These accents must be highlighted!

I hope you give your loved ones an extra hug today!
Happy Valentines Day!


1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful :) I made Richard cookies, gave our neighbour a box of cookies in a decorated kraft gift box, and wrapped Matt up some chocolate and a bunch of cards with DSP. I also completed about 70 Valentines for my kids to give to their entire worlds :) Richard was so thrilled to be sharing my 'special Stampin' Up cards' with his friends and teachers- it was inspirational!

    ReplyDelete