Friday, February 10, 2012

Crafting Utopia

This past week I had a lunch date with a neighbour of mine.  Our kids are good buddies and we were long overdue for a nice chat.  This neighbour, Lisa, is a fanatic about Disney.  So, we can't help it.  Whenever we get together we talk about all things Disney.  (I know, some of you are shocked that I have another obsession besides stamping)  Anyway, Lisa is amazing.  She is always telling me all sorts of fascinating things about Disney world and where I need to go and what I need to eat.  This week, I had my phone out taking notes as she was talking so that I could try to keep track of everything.  We stopped talking Disney long enough for me to congratulate her because I heard from my friend Julie that she just signed up as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I thought it was perfect for her because she has a chronic illness that keeps her housebound a lot and I wasn't surprised that she discovered that Stamping was a perfect therapeutic solution for her. 

So, she invites me over to her house since apparently everyday her sister comes over and they spend the afternoon crafting.  The last time I was in Lisa's basement it was the summer and it was filled with toys.  This week I go to her basement and this is what I see:








Oh My Goodness!!!!!  I had no idea that this crafting utopia was right behind my house!!!!  I just about died.  You have to understand, this past summer I brought her to my basement and tried to show her the basics of stamping because I thought she might enjoy it.  She explained to me that her sister just started enjoying stamping with somebody named Julie but she (Lisa) hadn't really stamped before.  Obviously Lisa's sister has totally converted Lisa to a stampaholic.  When Lisa and I talk Disney there's hardly a second of silence between us because we get so excited.  Once I went down to her basement and saw her set up and all the beautiful projects they had displayed on the tables (they have more craft tables than me!), there was now no stopping the flurry of conversation between us.  She and her sister proudly ran around showing me everything and I was in awe.  The only thing I could manage to do was pull out my phone and start taking pictures wildly.  Here's one of my favourite things that they showed me.




I know you can't really tell in the picture but the card is huge.  I found it so hilarious to see my friend talking passionately about pool party and her indignation that the pleated satin ribbon did not come in the pool party colour.  She then showed me her many Christmas cards and guess what?? Her favourite stamp set at Christmas was the Christmas lodge set too!  I was overcome.  How could it be possible that we have all the same obsessions?  We decided we must have been twins seperated at birth. 
We took a picture to examine the family resemblance.

Okay, it's not the best picture of us but our smiles say it all.  We love stamping and the friendship and laughter it brings!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! And what a treasure to have found right next door :)

    ReplyDelete