Monday, December 19, 2011

Last minute gifts


Kevin was talking with his principal about gifts for the office and cartaking staff at the school.  They wanted something meaningful but not necessarily breaking the bank.  Kevin felt that handmade was the way to go.  He came home from work and asked me what we could make.  I believe this happened to me last June.  I  have no plans to make anything for his staff thinking he's got it all under control but then am surprised to discover that he assumes I can whip something beautiful up. 
I was running out the door after he came home because I had to go to a memorial service,  I mentioned that I had some candles that we could stamp and I left him the instructions and told him to choose what stamps he wanted to use.  I thought I could make it tommorrow when the kids were at school and he was at work but when I came home tonight, he was all set to go and began talking about making these candles.  Well, I wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to stamp with someone rather than stamping alone... and to stamp with my honey...well...how could I say no?
So, down to the craft cave we go.  He did most of it.  I was tired so I was moving really slowly.  Of course after he made the first beautiful candle, I kept thinking how I was going to package it.  I tried the large cello bag but it didn't look quite right.  We had to go with the fancy favour bag.   It was pretty easy with the big shot.  I just rolled them out and Kevin did the assembly and then passed it to me to do the little ribbon handle. 
Here's one of the finished candles...


I'm aiming to bake some of those sweet pressed cookies tommorrow and then he can take the candles in with the cookies.  There you go, 8 little gifts done.  I promise I"ll get back to crafting with the occasions mini stuff soon.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment