Thursday, November 10, 2011

We're a team!

So, last week was one of those crazy busy weeks full of workshops, classes, kids extracurricular activities and all that jazz.  With all my Stampin' events, Kevin was on duty a lot.  He doesn't complain but I see that it was wearing on him a bit.  This week is much better but I realized that I am scheduled to go away with a girlfriend on a scrapbooking weekend.  Kevin will be left alone with the kids again.  Hmmm, the guy is great but I"m recognizing he might have a rough go this weekend.  What to do?  I bought him an electronic present.  He's been eyeing a new e-reader.  In my ignorant mind, one e-reader is the same as the next and he already has one so why another?  But then I realized, that's probably what he thinks of my stamps.  You've got one, you've got em all.   So, since I couldn't be keeping him company this weekend, I figured he could be occupied with this gift.  I also made him a card which I case'd right off the demonstrator website.  I love this card so much it is going to be one of the cards at my sweet and simple class on November 25th.  It uses the Well Worn DSP and the Petite Pairs stamp set.  The colours are River Rock and Soft Suede. 

I really wanted this card to express how much I appreciate him and that even though there are seasons of busy-ness with Stampin' Up, there is no doubt in my mind that my family is the priority.  I never want him to think I don't care for him or the kids when I am out and busy stamping. 
I'm not sure if he totally got all the mushy sentiments that I was trying to convey but he sure likes his new e-reader.  He's been playing with it and reading the manual all night.  :-)

I'm getting ready for a club meeting and I wanted to show some different techniques with embossing folders.  I made a card which I liked.  I was quite pleased that I had come up with the design by myself but something seemed to be missing but I was still quite happy.  I showed hubby and he looked at it and said it was nice.  Then he said maybe it should have some glitter around it and I got so excited.  He was absolutely right!  I ran right down to my stamping area and put on the tombow glue and the silver glass glitter.  MUCH BETTER!


 I immediately (jokingly) asked him if he had ever considered being a stampin' up demonstrator since he had such a good eye.  I informed him that the free Big Shot promotion was ending tommorrow.  He smiled and told me that one Stampin' Up! demonstrator in the house was enough.  Grin.  It's fun to feel like we're a team. 
So, if you want to see the rest of this card, come on out to club on Monday night.  Let me know if you want to drop by.  $15 or free with $30 purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment