Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My first day of Convention








Here I am! After a long day of flying and delayed airplanes and no food, we made it! Today was the first full day here. Today was the day when you check in, get your convention bag, line up for hours to get into momento mall...

Here's a quick synopsis of the day. It was so full, I didn't get a chance to rest so I am exhausted but happy.


We got our bags and our convention stamp sets that we will use for the make n takes. We also got a special catalogue that fits into a binder with tabs. We enjoyed searching through our convention bag and watching the sights of the other ladies walking by with their wonderful creative hats and bags. Here's some ladies who had swapping aprons!



I was eligible for VIP treatment since it was a special incentive for people who had someone join their team in April. (Thanks Irina for joining!) One of the VIP perks was getting a special tour of the Stampin' Up! home office. The home office is such a warm soothing place. I would love to work in such a beautiful building. It doesn't feel like the typical office building at all. The distribution centre is attached and we got to see how they pack the boxes and do the quality control. We saw so many boxes ready for shipping but the staff said the orders were so slow because so many demonstrators were at convention. If today was a slow day, I can't imagine a busy day! I always imagined people walking around the warehouse with shopping carts filling our orders but in fact, the process is completely automated. The boxes run along these tracks and exit the track when they are at the section that they need to pick up something. The worker scans the barcode on the box and the shelf will light up under the item that needs to be put in the box. Crazy huh?





The other VIP perk was getting a special meet n greet with Shelli Gardner in a VIP lounge where there was these fabulous donuts. I managed to restrain myself and eat only one!




I have so many more pictures and a crazy story of how I was on stage at the Kick off Party tonight eating a large chocolate tart without using my hands. Hey, in the spirit of the craziness of convention, I was completely willing to embarress myself for a pack of designer series paper!


That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Gen, you should have MADE me come with you!!! LOL I really wish I was there with you guys! Glad to hear you're having a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year, Paula! I'm so sad to be missing out too, I feel like we need a 'left-behinders' convention too! Gen, so glad that you're having fun! If you're going back to Memento Mall again, could you pick me up one of those very cute umbrellas? If not, no worries! See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete