Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Season of Joy Inspiration

I got a beautiful card in the mail from club member Pei Pei. Here it is. It is using the retired bordering blue colour and the gorgeous Season of Joy stamp set.
I was stunned at it's beauty. (not at all stunned that Pei Pei designed something so lovely. She has a real knack for creating) You may not be able to see the fine glitter details but take my word that it is beautiful.
Anyway, I am having a really hard time nailing down the card I am going to make to take as my swap card for the leadership conference. I knew I wanted to use the Valentine Defined set. I have a design but I am not in love with it so when I saw Pei Pei's card, I had to try it out with the Valentine set.
Here is my attempt:
Not as lovely as her card but still cute. I think I might try it again and change up a few details. It's great how different cards and images can inspire me to stamp. Thanks Pei Pei for your inspiration! I just came home from dinner with friends and was supposed to go straight to bed as I have to work tommorrow but I couldn't resist stamping. I was afraid I was going to dream about CASE-ing Pei-Pei's card if I didn't at least have a go at it! Grin.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gen, I'm so glad that you liked the card! I guiltily confess that the card was cased. :)

    The original was a red, green and black card with poinsettias but it was too floral for my taste; I toned it down for a more frosty winter look and used pine trees instead.

    The swirl on the tree could have been nicer but I think I took off too much of the crystal effects bottle tip. :P

    The Valentine Define card looks adorable! I was thinking that a few little hearts from the owl punch could could help add some extra dimension too. Have fun at the leadership conference!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pei pei: I think your card was perfect!

    ReplyDelete