Thursday, January 13, 2011

leadership highlights so far...

What a full day! I can say this event is nothing like the Regionals event I attended in Hamilton earlier this year. It is more jam packed with classes but the classes are not about stamping, it's about leadership and interpersonal skills and the such. I spent a lot of time thinking; not just about the Stampin' Up! business but also about my other relationships and leadership roles in life. I really feel the skills they are teaching here are relevant to everyday circumstances. I would definitely say that one of the highlights is the amazing convention bag that we all received.




Isn't it gorgeous? Other non-Stampin' Up! convention attendees at the hotel were continually commenting on the bag. It's got the vintage wallpaper design and the wide striped chocolate chip ribbon sewn across. I LOVE the bag. It is so worth it to attend convention just for the awesome bag!!!! I wish I had some scotch guard right now to spray on it because I sure don't want any stains on this baby!

Another highlight of today was momento mall. This is a tradition that Stampin' Up! has at conventions. In the "mall" there are items for sale that you can't get on regular Stampin' Up! orders. Since it was my first time, I bought a few things. A baja breeze coloured cardigan, a rich razzleberry t-shirt and...

a matching vintage wallpaper wallet for my amazing bag!!!!! (I hope the exclamation marks tell you how happy I am with my new purchase)


We finally got around to some stamping after dinner ( I am not joking. We didn't stamp at all until the end of the day.) They gave each table a box filled with pieces of leftover things that they had at the home office. We were commissioned with the task of using the items in the box to create cards for the Ronald McDonald House. I was so desperate to stamp by this point I didn't care that nothing was cut out and I didn't have a sample to copy. Yes. It's true. I created a card out of my imagination. Shocking. I know. Here's what I made with our box of odds and ends.


Of course today was the day I swapped all the cards I made. If you are coming to my event on Sunday, you are in for a visual treat. All the swap cards I received are beautiful and unique. I can't wait to share them with you.

I could go on and on but I should really sleep.

G'night!

1 comment:

  1. Gen, I could cry that I didn't make it! I love everything! So glad you had a marvelous time. Let's make a date for next time, OK?

    ReplyDelete