Monday, May 21, 2018

Happy anniversary


May 18th was my wedding anniversary. I can’t believe it’s been 22 years since my husband and I got married. By now we can’t imagine life without each other.  Neither of us made a super big deal of the event but since the date fell on a Friday it felt fair that we could talk about and celebrate it all weekend.

I received roses and a card.




I made a card using a new, upcoming stamp set called Detailed with Love . When I showed my son he said it was an acceptable masculine card. :) masculine cards are like my nemisis. I can’t help but use flowers, pretty colours like pink and add ribbons and ruffles. I had to really hold myself back.  Sadly I couldn’t resist tying a bow with some linen thread and using the pretty stitches framelits but it appears that, according to my son, the manliness of the card was not compromised too much. :p






One way I love to celebrate our wedding anniversary is to be together with our kids and enjoy a whole family activity. 
I decided we should go to the Bata Shoe Museum. 
My oldest son is into sneakers. He collects Nike sneakers and apparently there is a whole sneaker culture which I know nothing about so I thought it would be somewhat interesting for him to go to a shoe museum.  When you have three children who aren’t close in age and we have both genders, it is very hard to find family activities that everyone enjoys. 
Fortunately the trip downtown was a big hit. 
We took the subway which was fun for the younger two kids, browsed the shoe museum, which was interesting for everyone...(who knew there was so much history and variety in shoes), discovered a rib fest at dundas square (can’t go wrong with food truck food), got a tour from Kevin on his old university stomping grounds and did a little shopping at the Eaton’s centre.  It was a full and tiring day but I was so grateful to spend it with my family. 















Our anniversary celebrations continue today as our daughter made us breakfast in bed.  (this was the appetizer)


and with Kevin and I planning to do the VIP movie experience and go for dinner. 
Anniversary long weekends are fun! 
Hope you are enjoying the long weekend too. Thanks for dropping in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment