Thursday, December 28, 2017

December Ink and Inspiration Blog Hop



I am so excited to have been invited to hop with some international demonstrators so that we can bring you some wonderful stamping inspiration! Make sure to check out the Blog Hop list below and visit each of the talented demonstrators blogs. 

The theme for this month is Fun Fold/other technique. When I read that I figured it was my chance to share something fun and different! 

Here’s something I made recently based on a little gift I received from a fellow demonstrator named Sandy Carlson. 
I thought it would be perfect as a Valentine treat. It uses brand new product from the soon to be released Occasions catalogue.



I’m so excited that the everyday label punch is carrying over into the Occasions catalogue because it just makes the perfect window for this treat box! 
The Painted with Love dsp is a specialty dsp that has gorgeous gold foil embedded in the design. I find it heavier weight which makes it great for making boxes or bags.

Here's a look at the paper...it's just so...rich and decadent!



I will be sharing a video on how I made this box on January 10th as a part of  my Facebook party. 
Feel free to join in for the facebook party. You just have to be a part of my Stampin4fun with Gen facebook group

In the meantime, here's some measurements but if you're anything like me, it's easier to learn with visuals.   I'll make sure to post the video on my blog after my facebook party on the 10th.

Cut the dsp  7 1/2"  X  6"
Score on the long side at 1 1/4", 3 1/2", 4 3/4", and 7"
Turn the paper 90 degrees and score 1 1/4" (this will be the bottom of the box)  Then turn paper so that you score 1/2" from the top.

You'll snip along the score lines up to where the score lines intersect.  Before you assemble as you would a box, punch the window with the everyday label punch and cover the window opening with a window sheet.

Hopefully these measurements will help you but stay tuned for the video in the new year!

Thanks for dropping in!

Make sure to visit my fellow demonstrators to check out their lovely projects!

I'll put the supply list below!









Product List

3 comments:

  1. I love your treat bag & I love that new DSP! Thank you for an amazing 2017 with the Ink & Inspiration Design Team & I can't wait to hop with you some more in 2018! Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I love that little bag Gen, can't wait to see it being made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bag! Thanks for sharing, Genevieve :-)

    ReplyDelete