Monday, September 18, 2017

My Weekend Away

Just thought I would share a few photos from my recent weekend away.  This past weekend I was invited to be a guest speaker at a Stamping event hosted by Ronda Wade (a fellow demonstrator).  The event was meant to be a fun stamping event but also as a training event for demonstrators to help us all to be more successful in our Stampin' Up! business.

I was excited to attend since I know I always learn new things when I am around other demonstrators.  I also know that it is not very often that I get to go and stamp when the projects and paper are already prepared!  Normally I am the one doing all the prepping for an event.

Here's a few photos!  If you are on my Stampin4fun with Gen facebook group, you will have seen the Facebook live video I did showing off just one of the inspiration stations. (I have lots of extra inspiration on my facebook group so make sure to join if you haven't already!)

I was super excited that Ronda took me out to dinner at Red Lobster when I arrived in Michigan.  I love eating Red Lobster and there just aren't very many here in the Toronto area so it was an extra treat. It seemed like a special treat in order to celebrate my arriving in Lansing Michigan (it took me two planes and a tight connection) and it was a wonderful opportunity to visit with friends I don't get to see very often.

Here I am with Ronda.  I really admire her stamping business but also her attitude and character.

The speaking portion of the event went well.  It's not too hard for me to speak at stamping events since I am talking about a subject that I love! 



IT was certainly inspiring to have beautiful displays around the room that showcased many of the new products from the holiday catalogue. 




Although I enjoyed my time away, I couldn't wait to return home.  Sunday was my husbands birthday and I wanted to make sure I was home to wish him a great day.  I took the first flight out on Sunday morning.  I was so eager to get home I left for the tiny Lansing airport much earlier than necessary.  I was so early there were no lineups at all and I reached the gate in record time! 









As soon as I got home I ran down to the craft cave while everyone was still at church.  I knew I wanted to make a card for Kevin and not use one of the many pre-made birthday cards that I had.  I didn't know what I would make but I thought using one of the Memory and More kits would help it to go faster.
Here's the card I made.  I used the Colour Theory Memories and More Card pack then dressed it up by stamping using the Balloon Celebration Set.
I had to use blue on the card because blue is Kevin's favourite colour.  He even arranged to paint our house door and shutters a very bright blue.  Like a Pacific Point blue.  We are still not discussing about how I feel regarding that colour choice.

You can tell I really love him because I took the time to stamp the inside of the card too!


Thanks for dropping in and letting me share my weekend and this handmade birthday card with you! 
Here's the supply list.  Feel free to click on any of the images to take you to my online store! 







Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment