Thursday, September 21, 2017

A non-Christmas card with the Quilted Christmas suite

Hello friends!  Obviously I am having trouble adjusting to returning to routines in September!  Watch it Wednesday is again showing up on Thursday.  However, I hope this post will be worth the wait because I wanted to share a card that I made which resulted in great happiness.

I enjoy playing with new holiday product as much as the next person but when it's so hot outside and I admit I love sunshine and summer, it can be a bit sad to be crafting madly for Christmas.

So, I took out the Quilted Christmas suite and challenged myself to make a non-Christmas card with this suite.

This is what I came up with and I love it.  In case you can't see the sentiment, it says: When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.  I think this is a perfect card to keep for myself to remind myself that beautiful things can come out of difficult situations.

I've put a video below for you to watch about the Quilted Christmas Suite so you can see how all the products work together.



For this card I used the thinlits, dsp and stamp set.  I used the pool party cardstock  because it's soft and soothing and I love that colour.

The cut out overlay was made using these two dies together.  The square actually fits outside the other

Here are the two dies







I love how one of the dsp designs already looks like a quilt so I could just cut it out and lay it behind the die cut shape.  Here's a closer look.



Enjoy the video and thanks for stopping in!  Have you ordered your favourites from the holiday catalogue yet? Quilted Christmas is not the only suite that has versatility for all year round!
Shop today on my online store! 





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment