Monday, June 19, 2017

A visit to Kansas

Hello from Kansas!  My Stampin' Up! journey has been filled with so many experiences and some of the most special memories are around friendships.
I first met my friend Linda at a Stampin' Up! convention where a mutual friend linked us up as roommates.
Linda is always smiling and positive.  She has been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for a long time so I always saw her as my Stampin' mama. She knew the way to all the restaurants in Salt Lake city, she's always cheered me on in my Stampin' Up! journey and she always listens to me when I need to talk stamping or anything else.

You can see a picture of Linda when we first met in 2011 at this blog post HERE

Linda picked me up from the airport and took me straight to dinner at her favourite Mexican restaurant.  (see...my stampin' mama knows that I LOVE mexican food!)


We are keeping it pretty low key while I'm here. I just wanted to visit and see her life which means I got to watch her care for her horses and go to church with her and just normal things like that.  

Linda lives in a small town called Louisburg.  The happening place here is a little shack called Cool Cats where they sell Shaved Ice in all kinds of marvelous flavours.  
I picked a grape/lemonade combo flavour. 



Of course I brought Linda a souvenir from home.  I know darn well she is a Kansas City Royals ball fan but I figured she is honourary Canadian when she is with me so matching Blue Jay hats seemed like a fun gift.

Of course my visit included a tour of her stamping area. I had a great time looking through all her card samples and of course stamped some cards since she still had her card class bins out from the class the night before.
This card caught my eye (sorry for the bad photo)
I thought it was so fun and perfect for summer!
I loved how the sentiment was debossed and the geometric stamps from the Happy Celebrations stamp set was stamped on top!
Of course it's using product I don't own so now I need to place an order! (supply list below. Note I think the card uses the retired watermelon wonder colour but I think it would look just as cute with calypso coral)
I hope this post encourages you to treasure your friendships and enjoy some stamping!
Thanks for dropping in and head to my online store to shop or browse!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment