Monday, February 13, 2017

Inspiration from Creating for Christ

This past Saturday was such a great day!  We had the Creating for Christ event.  We learned from one another, created some lovely projects and enjoyed a yummy dinner together.  Here's some photos.

I thought I would highlight this card as today's Mojo Monday card.  It was one of the make n take projects at the event.  We all need a card to send to a friend that is going through a rough time and I like to have one on hand to mail out when needed.

It uses the beautiful Strength and Prayers Stamp set.  I stamped the dove in Marina Mist (inspired by Jackie Bolhuis) and placed the simple sentiment on top in basic black.
To give some interest in the background I used the free Delicate Details stamp set (an exclusive saleabration stamp) and just a touch of the metallic silver ribbon (also an exclusive saleabration freebie)  If you haven't snatched up your saleabration freebies yet, make sure to shop on my online store.  You get a freebie for every $60 order!

We enjoyed a time of worship together by singing some songs.  Even if we didn't know the songs, we could listen to the lyrics and soak in the meaning of the song.  We were blessed with the talented vocals and piano playing of Michelle White and my husband Kevin played guitar in the beginning with her as well.
Our simple singing and instruments warmed my heart and reminded me that simple can be powerful.

There were about 14 ladies and the size was just right.  Our group was small enough that we could sit in a semi circle which was very conducive to sharing and developing friendships.

After some sharing and song, we dove into the stamping.  Some of the ladies who came had never stamped before.  They were very excited to see how easy it was to create something beautiful and meaningful.  Team S.T.I.C girl Marian had decorated the tables beautifully to add to the special atmosphere.


The theme of the day was Sabbath rest.  I really felt it was a theme that every woman could relate to since our lives always seem to be so busy.  We get so busy we think sabbath rest is a luxury we can't afford.  We forget that we are commanded by God to rest regularly.
I designed the make n takes to be projects that related to the theme of rest and reflection.
Here is a frame: The sentiment comes from the Rose Wonder stamp set.

We also decorated a journal.

So that's a brief recap of the Creating for Christ event.  I could tell the ladies loved the event...as they were saying goodbye to one another, they were saying things like "see you here next year" and I've already received text messages and emails letting me know how timely and appropriate the message and event was in their life. 

I feel so so blessed to be able to take my stamping hobby and use it to bring joy and refreshment to other women.  Thank you for dropping in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment